Hi there, March is National Nutrition Month, so I am inspired to write about feeding your chakras to benefit you on one of the 4 levels of self: Physical. We will leave the others for later: Emotional, Mental, and spiritual. Check out our class on discovering your chakras and what they can tell you coming up in March! Contact me if interested: firstname.lastname@example.org
Physically, do you find yourself drawn to or crave certain foods that are similar in color or they are all the same type like root veggies all in one day? or all protein one day but something else the next? This is physically how your body telling you what chakras are needing your attention. Below is what food correspond to each chakra.
Feeding Your Root Chakra ~ Grounding
- Root vegetables: carrots, potatoes, parsnips, radishes, beets, onions, garlic, etc.
- Protein-rich foods: eggs, meats, beans, tofu, soy products, peanut butter
- Spices: horseradish, hot paprika, chives, cayenne, pepper
Feeding Your Sacral Center ~ Nourishing the Sexual/Creativity Center
- Sweet fruits: melons, mangos, strawberries, passion fruit, oranges, coconut, etc.
- Nuts: almonds, walnuts, etc.
- Spices: cinnamon, vanilla, carob, sweet paprika, sesame seeds, caraway seeds
Feeding Your Solar Plexus Chakra ~ Boosting Self-Esteem and Encouraging Self-Love
- Granola and Grains: pastas, breads, cereal, rices, flax seed, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Dairy: milk, cheeses, yogurt
- Spices: ginger, mints (peppermint, spearmint, etc.), melissa, chamomile, turmeric, cumin, fennel
Feeding Your Heart Chakra ~ Healing Emotional Hurts
- Leafy vegetables: spinach, kale, dandelion greens, etc.
- Air vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, celery, squash, etc.
- Liquids: green teas
- Spices: basil, sage, thyme, cilantro, parsley
Feeding Your Throat Chakra ~ Speaking One’s Truth
- Liquids in general: water, fruit juices, herbal teas
- Tart or tangy fruits: lemons, limes, grapefruit, kiwi
- Other tree growing fruits: apples, pears, plums, peaches, apricots, etc.
- Spices: salt, lemon grass
Feeding Your Brow Chakra ~ Awakening Third Eye Senses
- Dark bluish colored fruits: blueberries, red grapes, black berries, raspberries, etc.
- Liquids: red wines and grape juice
- Spices: lavender, poppy seed, mugwort
Feeding Your Crown Chakra ~ Opening and Clearing the Spiritual Communication Center
- Air: fasting / detoxing
- Incense and Smudging Herbs: sage, copal, myrrh, frankincense, and juniper
Incense and smudging herbs are not to be eaten but are ritually inhaled through the nostrils or can be smoked through a ceremony pipe for purification purposes.